Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The last shopping list you will ever need!


Ok. Let me get this one off my chest. I have had shopping lists in my life since I was a little boy. However, for as long as I can remember, there was never a shopping list that was the same. I was pondering this every time my mother and I would go to the supermarket. She always had her pencil and her little square paper with what she needed. I found it odd that we had to go through the whole store, going through all the isles and checking all the specials. I guess she was being thrifty and being thorough. I can understand that. But it pissed me off that we always had different stuff on the list and had to walk every inch of the store.

That’s when I started to think…

Why don’t you have a shopping list that's simply a checklist that you could use ALL the time and made sure you always had the right stuff. This is because we would always get a really good grocery basket one week and then the next was always filled with crap. Now that I am ugly enough to make lists for myself and that I go grocery shopping myself, I think it is time I shared with you the simplest and (arguably) most effective, healthy and practical shopping list around.

Now, a fair while ago, I put up a shopping list that was used by our clients with amazing results. However, all things become obsolete every once and a while. This is a list that we are currently happy with and covers all the bases that we feel need to be covered.

One thing that we do recommend thats not covered in the list is to get to know your local grocery store a couple of times per week. Some people get in the habit of doing a big shop once per week, and that’s cool. But there are a few things that seem to happen when you go on a big shop.

1.     There appears to be a lot of impulse buying. You are going to be getting things that you like to eat and that might have a longer shelf life. Long shelf life means that they are usually carbohydrates or are not that fresh to begin with.
2.     The fruits and vegetables will go off sooner then packet products. Go buy produce regularly because eating yummy and rich fruits and vegetables are a lot better then the moldy ones.

3.     There is more of a chance that you are going to get sick of the foods that you eat if you buy weekly. If you go to the grocery store 2-3 times per week then you are going to find yourself trying new foods. There are always specials and other items that come in on the days you wouldn’t usually go there. It always pays to shop around… a couple of times that is.

Here is your list. Go fill up your basket and fill your pantry with great foods. If you have good foods in your fridge and cupboards, then good foods is what you will eat.

Note: In the last row there is Fresh Squeezed Fruits and Vegetables, We recommended that this is something that you drink from the fruits and vegetables that you have purchased. The list simply implies that you can have those types of drinks with fruits and vegetables that you have planned to eat. Enjoy!







Follow Up Note:

After we gave this to a couple of our clients to trial, we have been informed of some amazing results that our clients have experienced. We would love to hear how you have used this shopping list and what benefits you have seen because of it. 

1 comment:

  1. this is awesome! but I would add eggs.. and cream. :)

    ReplyDelete